By using this Website, submitting your stories to TreeStories and posting comments online, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the following Terms and Conditions.
These Website Standard Terms and Conditions contained herein on this webpage, shall govern your use of this website, including all pages within this website (collectively referred to herein below as this “Website”). These Terms apply in full force and effect to your use of this Website and by using this Website, you expressly accept all terms and conditions contained herein in full. You must not use this Website if you have any objection to any of these Website Standard Terms and Conditions.
Intellectual Property Rights
Other than content you own (your stories and your photographs published in the TreeStories collection), which you may have opted to include on this Website, under these Terms, TreeStories owns all rights to the intellectual property and material contained in this Website, and all such rights are reserved. All rights for stories and accompanying photographs are reserved to individual authors. Contributors retain ownership of their stories and photographs.
You are granted a limited license only, subject to the restrictions provided in these Terms, for the purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website. Some guidelines regarding the stories:
- If you quote material, please reference the source. Any story found not to adhere to this guideline will be removed without notice.
- By emailing TreeStories your story, you agree that you have all the rights to such story and that the story does not contain any material that infringes on any third party’s rights.
- The stories you submit should be ones you would like future generations to know and remember. Stories and comments that are defamatory or otherwise objectionable will not be included in the collection.
- TreeStories reserves the right to refuse to accept any story.
- TreeStories reserves the right to edit your story for clarity, grammatical inconsistencies and spelling.
- TreeStories reserves the right to remove any story from this Website at any time, and for any reason, without notice.
- TreeStories reserves the right to make changes regarding the Website, submission guidelines and the Terms and Conditions without notice.
- Opinions expressed in the collection’s stories belong to the individual author.
- If you would like to remove your story/photograph after it has appeared in the collection, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are expressly and emphatically restricted from all of the following:
- Publishing any Website material in any media (except the stories you author and the photographs you submit — you reserve the rights to that material).
- Selling, sub-licensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material (accept the stories you author and the photographs you submit).
- Publicly performing and/or showing Website material other than the stories you author and the photographs you submit.
- Using this Website in any way that is, or may be, damaging to this Website.
- Using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website.
- Using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in a way that causes, or may cause, harm to the Website or to any person of business entity.
- Engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website, or while using this Website.
- Using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and TreeStories makes no express or implied representations or warranties of any kind related to this Website or the material contained on this Website. Additionally, nothing contained on this Website shall be construed as providing consult or advice to you.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall TreeStories, nor any members of its team, be liable to you for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website, whether such liability is under contract, tort or otherwise, and TreeStories, including members of its team, shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
TreeStories does not accept any responsibility or liability for . . .
- Any material communicated by Third Parties linked through this Website.
- Verifying any information submitted by users.
- Any copyrighted material included in stories that is not owned by the individual author.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent TreeStories from and against any and all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render these Terms unenforceable or invalid as a whole, and such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
TreeStories will never reproduce, publish or share with any other party the stories and photographs published on this Website without the express permission of the individual author who submitted them.
Details provided by contributors will never be shared with any other party without the express permission of the contributor.
Variation of Terms
TreeStories is permitted to revise these Terms and Conditions at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review such Terms and Conditions on a regular basis to ensure you understand all terms and conditions governing use of this Website.
TreeStories shall be permitted to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification or consent required. However, you shall not be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
These Terms and Conditions, including any legal notices and disclaimers contained on this Website, constitute the entire agreement between TreeStories and you in relation to your use of this Website and supersede all prior agreements and understandings with respect to the same.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in North Carolina for the resolution of any disputes.